Thursday, December 4, 2014

Being A Mom, Changed Me


I am a mother of one, He is three year old and he is my everything.
He so smart and knows so much. He starts school Pre-K next year and I have anxiety just thinking about it. He makes me a better person, He is the reason why I wake up with a smile on my face. Being a mom has changed my perspective and thought processes. I have worked harder to be more patient, thoughtful, caring & gentle. I am not perfect and not always successful at those, but I am better than I use to be. I cannot imagine what my life would be like had I NOT had a child. It is the most rewarding, beautiful, awesome, joyful thing imaginable in this world, and I wouldn't change a thing.

 Now, I frequently learn through my child's questions and needs, and find myself more motivated than ever to be the best person and mom I can be. While my decisions were previously driven mostly by my own needs and wants, they now center around the needs and wants of my child. I find that I laugh (and worry) more, and feel more free to be silly (will more freely embarrass myself to bring a smile to my son face and warmth to his heart).  Thankfully, my instincts have sharpened, and my spirit has strengthened.
I feel blessed and challenged as a mother, so grateful and loved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment