Friday, December 12, 2014

Being A Young Mother




I had my son when I was 20 year old. I have faced negative comments about me being pregnant so young. I always use to hear "You ruined your life now your pregnant" or "You can't do anything anymore now you have a child" That is not true, If you are focus on what you want in life to better yourself and your child, You can make anything happen. There are many pro's and con's of being a young mother. The definition of what constitutes a “young mother” has changed somewhat as the average age of mothers has hit 30, and being a young mother in your early twenties can naturally be quite different to being a young mother at sixteen. Many of the blessings and problems are the same though, So here are 6 pros and cons of being a young mother. 

1. You've Got More Energy

You can’t discuss the pros and cons of being a young mother without considering the fact that younger people naturally have higher energy levels. Mothers in their teens and early twenties will probably find it easier to physically cope with sleepless nights and running around after a lively toddler.

2. Your Body Will Repair Itself Easily
As women get older, our skin becomes less supple and everything takes longer to heal. Young skin is able to cope with the stretching better and may be less prone to stretch marks, while any scars will heal better.

3. All Your Friends are Partying
Staying in changing nappies and cleaning up sick can be hard when all your friends are out having a good time. If you’re thinking about trying for a baby and considering the advantages and disadvantages of becoming a young mother, this is definitely one thing to consider. I was never a party hard kind of person, So it doesn't bother me. I rather be at home with my child anyways than partying like crazy.

4.You'll Still Be Young When Your Kid's Have Grown Up
While you might miss out on going out while you’re young, younger mothers will naturally be younger when their children grow up and are ready to move out. While your friends are starting to deal with difficult teenagers, you’ll be regaining your independence.

5. People Judge You
People are more likely to judge young mothers but I've faced negative comments about being pregnant at 20. It’s best to just ignore people’s negative comments but some people may find criticism and disapproving looks difficult to deal with.

6. Education And Career May Be Put On Hold
If you’re considering the pros and cons of being a young mother, you need to think about the impact it could have on your education and career. Many young women drop out of school and university when they find out they are pregnant, and it can be harder to study after having children due to childcare costs. Other people of the same age will also have more work experience. My son is three years old right now about to start Pre-K and I am myself considering going back to school for something in the medical field. Never give up.

Check out my recent post on
"Being a mom changed me"

No comments:

Post a Comment